- Masuda, Shinji
- Affiliated Faculty
Main Publication List and Awards
Main Publication List
5. Mikika Maekawa, Rina Honoki, Yuta Ihara, Ryoichi Sato, Akira Oikawa, Yuri Kanno, Hiroyuki Ohta, Mitsunori Seo, Kazuki Saito, Shinji Masuda, "Impact of the plastidial stringent response in plant growth and stress responses" Nature Plants 15167, (2015), DOI: 10.1038/nplants.2015.167.
4. Sato, R., Ohta, H. and Masuda, S. (2014) Prediction of respective contribution of linear electron flow and PGR5-dependent cyclic electron flow to non-photochemical quenching induction. Plant Physiol. Biochem. 81: 190-196.
3. Masuda, S., Nakatani, Y., Ren, S. and Tanaka, M. (2013) Blue light-mediated manipulation of transcription factor activity in vivo. ACS Chem. Biol. 8: 2649-2653.
2. Masuda, S., Hori, K., Maruyama, F., Ren, S., Sugimoto, S., Yamamoto, N., Mori, H., Yamada, T., Sato, S., Tabata, S., Ohta, H. and Kurokawa, K. (2013) Whole-genome sequence of the purple photosynthetic bacterium Rhodovulum sulfidophilum strain W4. Genome Announcements 1: e00577-13.
1. Masuda, S. (2013) Light detection and signal transduction in the BLUF photoreceptors. Plant Cell. Physiol. 54, 171-179.
Japanese Society for Plant Physiologists Young Investigator Award (2009)
Evolution of photosynthesis will be investigated. There are two types of photosynthesis: oxygenic photosynthesis and anoxygenic photosynthesis. Plants and cyanobacteria perform oxygenic photosynthesis. Before emerging the oxygenic photosynthesis, anoxygenic photosynthesis was believed being established in some bacterial species. Evolutional backgrounds and processes of how oxygenic photosynthesis had been emerged are largely unknown. Oxygen evolution by oxygenic photosynthesis dramatically changed atmospheric composition that significantly influenced biological evolution and earth environment. Thus, studying evolutional processes of photosynthesis is critically important for understanding evolution of early earth and life. Here, oxygenic photosynthesis will be created in vitro by synthetic biology approach with several anoxygenic phototrophic bacteria. Together with results from our and other groups, significance of photosynthesis for early earth environment will be discussed.