Tokyo is connected by a vast network of highly efficient train and subway lines. Taxis are convenient but can often take longer to reach your destination and is fairly expensive. It is recommended that you get a Tokyo train/subway map at the airport or at your hotel. When using the train system, keep your ticket as you will need it not only to enter the station but also to exit.
From Narita Airport to ELSI
There are three cost and time efficient ways to get from Narita Airport into Tokyo. In the rare event that one train line is severely delayed or stopped, the others are good alternatives.
Narita Express --or N'EX-- is a fast and convenient way to travel from Narita Airport to major hub stations in Tokyo.
- To get to ELSI, take the Narita Express to Shinagawa, then transfer to the JR Keihin-Tohoku line bound for Oimachi, Omori, Kamata and Kawasaki. Oimachi is one stop from Shinagawa Station.
- At Oimachi, follow signs to transfer to the Tokyu Oimachi Line. On the Tokyu Oimachi line, you can take either an Express --2nd stop-- or a Local --7th stop-- to Ookayama station. ELSI is in the Ishikawadai area of Tokyo Institute of Technology's Ookayama campus. It is about a 10-minute walk from the station.
Bus services also run from Narita Airport to Shinagawa station as well as other major stations in Tokyo. Please check for schedules at the Airport Limousine bus counter. Please note, due to traffic, buses can take longer than trains.http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bus_services/
The Keisei Skyliner is an alternative express train from Narita Airport into the city.
- Take the train to Nippori station and follow the signs to transfer to the JR train lines. You will need to buy a JR train ticket when you leave the Keisei train system unless you purchase your ticket to the final destination at the airport.
- From JR Nippori station, take the Keihin-Tohoku line to Oimachi station.
- At Oimachi, follow signs to transfer to the Tokyu Oimachi line. On the Tokyu Oimachi line, you can take either an Express--2nd stop-- or a Local --7th stop-- to Ookayama station.
*Narita Airport is located approximately 60km from Tokyo. We do not recommend taking a taxi into the city as it will be costly.